about the site
Welcome to America's Decline. This is my personal webspace where I express myself and explore my interests. It started off as a dystopian parody of America Online but it became a reminder of what I love about the internet.
Throughout the site, you'll find a lot of shrines — some, like the Poppy shrine, are becoming more elaborate sub-sites — to random things I like (see below for a list of some of those things); random pieces of writing, mostly about nostalgia and the old web; and original and curated digital art.
I have lots of fun stuff planned for this site! Check the updates page for info on what I've been working on lately. Keep reading to learn more about me. And be sure to explore the rest of the site (click around or view the channels page or site map) and check back often!
- ASL: 31 / nb / philly
- Pronouns: they/them/theirs
- Into: Pop music, YouTube (Sims playthroughs, beauty reviews, abandonded mall docs, reviews of old tech and oddware), new agey spirituality, dancing, vaporwave aesthetics, Y2k pop culture and aesthetics, writing, The Sims 4, digital art, vaping (trying to quit!), casual doll collecting, self-improvement, web design~ (tho clearly idk what I'm doing lol), radical emapthy and keeping an open mind
- Turn-offs: Social media, hyper-online culture, bigotry of any kind
- Bopping to: 2000s era Britney
- Listening to: Stand by Your Band (Podcast)
- Reading: Finding the Boyfriend Within: A Practical Guide for Tapping into Your Own Source of Love, Happiness, and Respect by Brad Gooch (I swear, I bought this mostly as a joke but am embarassed to have actually found reading it to be comforting lol), Media Virus!: Hidden Agendas in Popular Culture by Douglas Rushkoff, Open Book by Jessica Simpson
- Watching: Li Speaks, Dream Jelly and standup comedy videos on YouTube.
peer into my soul
Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well.
Your saturation level is very low - you have better things to do than jump headfirst into every little project. You make sure your actions are going to really accomplish something before you start because you hate wasting energy making everyone else think you're working.
Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
get to know me in the most intimate way possible