about the site
This is the personal website of one queer, fem 90s kid who is obsessed with pop culture, nostalgia and literary theory. It’s like a combination of a twink’s tumblr page, queer/feminist zine, trashy gossip rag, 90s women’s glossy and literary journal.
I enjoy creating web pages that celebrate my favorite parts of popular (and sub-) culture — retro to contemporary, prestige to popular — and indulge in and explore some of my hobbies. I also occasionally dig a little deeper into my interests from various critical angles — mostly queer/feminist perspectives — like I do in my annual Spotify Wrapped reviews.
I believe in celebrating cultural productions (and people) that are often overlooked, devalued and misunderstood — and unpacking the reasons why. I’m particularly passionate about taking the femme seriously*, challenging binaries and avoiding extremes (by pushing them to their limits).
I believe the internet can be so much more than the sanitized corporate wasteland its become in this post-social media moment; we can be so much more than we’ve become. This is my attempt at creating the change I want to see — online and in the world — in my own small, weird way.
Be respectful, act in good faith and — most of all — have fun.
Check the updates page for info on what I've been working on lately. Keep reading to learn more about me. And be sure to explore the rest of the site (click around or view the channels page or site map) and check back often!
- ASL: 32 / nb / east coast
- Pronouns: they/them/theirs
- Into: Pop music, YouTube (Sims playthroughs, beauty reviews, abandonded mall docs, reviews of old tech and oddware), new agey spirituality, dancing, vaporwave aesthetics, Y2k pop culture and aesthetics, writing, The Sims, digital art, casual doll collecting, shopping, self-improvement, the internet, radical emapthy and keeping an open mind
- Turn-offs: Social media, hyper-online culture, bigotry of any kind
- Bopping to: Makeup by Slayyyter and Lolo Zouaï
- Listening to: How Did We Get Weird and Too Niche podcasts
- Reading: NFTS ARE A SCAM / NFTS ARE THE FUTURE by Bobby Hundreds, Media Virus!: Hidden Agendas in Popular Culture by Douglas Rushkoff, Open Book by Jessica Simpson
- Watching: Downton Abbey
peer into my soul
Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well.
Your saturation level is very low - you have better things to do than jump headfirst into every little project. You make sure your actions are going to really accomplish something before you start because you hate wasting energy making everyone else think you're working.
Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
get to know me in the most intimate way possible